Our client develops, produces, and sells portable electrochemical measurement devices and modules for the international market. They focus on miniaturization and ease of use for what is commonly known as large complex devices. Their customers include universities and research institutions, as well as custom device development for specific markets such as the food industry or point-of-care medical devices.
As an Electronics Design Engineer, you will be part of a team responsible for developing electronics for existing and new instruments. You will also oversee our manufacturing processes. Projects include designing and testing accessories for existing instruments, designing new instrumentation, designing test equipment, and optimizing existing equipment and instrumentation.
- Familiarizing with existing schematics, circuit boards, programmable logic, and functionality for instrument product lines
- Analyzing component sourcing and projected availability in order to design and execute circuit board revisions to deal with component obsolescence
- Designing circuit boards, schematic capture, and PCB layout
- Coordinating outsourced fabrication and testing of completed boards/products
- Designing and implementing programmable logic (PAL, CPLD)
- Supporting EMC testing for CE certification; troubleshoot and revising designs if necessary to achieve certification
- Coordinating design efforts with software engineers